Managing RV Repair After A Storm With RV Masters
Hurricanes, tropical storms, and heavy rains are just a part of life for New Orleans, LA. Even the majority of RV owners rarely think twice about the upcoming forecast. After all, you’ve never experienced RV problems from a storm before. It’s probably going to be okay, right?
Well, not always.
The effects of Hurricane Ida have been extremely severe, damaging homes and businesses all over the Gulf Coast. But that’s not all the storm has damaged. According to recent news articles, hundreds if not thousands of RVs have been damaged or destroyed during the tail-end of the hurricane season. If you don’t have a plan in place for preventing RV-related storm damages, you may be dealt a nasty surprise in our next big hurricane.
It’s a good idea to understand storm damage prevention and protection while living in the Kenner, LA area, especially if you don’t have a protected garage to store your investment. Responding to damages promptly will allow you to source quality RV repair in record time.
Here’s how to manage RV repair after a heavy storm near Kenner, LA.
RV Storm Prevention Steps For New Orleans, LA Storms
Before the damage is done, there are a few prevention steps you can take to reduce your likelihood for expensive RV repair:
- Be sure to have an RV insurance policy that covers storm damages. If you don’t, you may want to consider finding new coverage that protects your RV from the unthinkable.
- If you’re on the road during a storm warning, consider moving to higher ground (away from flood zones). If your RV is currently at home, consider storing it in a safe location away from heavy winds.
- Perform regular maintenance checks on your RV, paying particular attention to any cracks, gaps, or leaks that may be on the roof. Companies like RV Masters provide unique packages for yearly RV check-ups and maintenance programs targeting prevention.
RV Repair Tips For New Orleans, LA Storms
If your RV has already been affected by heavy winds or rain, it is essential to source some RV repair as soon as possible. Here are some helpful tips:
- Identify the types of damage present. Is there water in the RV? Are the windows intact? Take pictures and videos of all damage for your records.
- Call the insurance company immediately. Schedule some time for the insurance adjuster to evaluate the vehicle, and pass along any pictures and videos. This will give you a clear idea about whether or scrap or repair the RV.
- Find an RV repair company in your local area, reducing the need to travel (which could cause even more damage).
RV Masters Is Your One-Stop-Shop For RV Repair
If you’re looking for high-quality RV repair in New Orleans, look no further than the professionals behind RV Masters. Since our foundation, we’ve provided RV repair, maintenance, and recovery and have the tools, team, and talent you need to patch things up in record time.
Call today to schedule an initial appointment or submit an online inquiry form to ask about individual services. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!