Have you noticed cracks, gaps, or leaks in your RV roof? It may be time to schedule an RV roof repair or consider a replacement.
But what options do you have to protect your home on wheels? And what do you need to know about each?
Here’s the RV Masters’ guide to RV roof replacement options for your recreational vehicle in Louisiana.
Best Types Of RV Roof Replacement Options
Before you spend money on an RV roof replacement, you should familiarize yourself with the different options available on the market. This can help you make an informed decision before committing to significant expenditure on repairs
Without further ado, here are a few different types of RV roof replacement options you can use to protect your vehicle.
Sometimes referred to as Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, rubber EPDM is one of the oldest methods of covering flat RV roofs. It’s also one of the least expensive options for RV roofing, and one of the easiest to source from local providers in Kenner, LA.
There are some drawbacks to this type of roof, however, especially when it comes to making repairs. You may need to replace your EPDM roofing entirely if the gashes are larger than 12 to 16 inches. Thankfully, trained experts can apply a liquid roof membrane adhesive or waterproof shingle to patch smaller damaged areas.
- Cost-effective roofing option
- Accessible and easy to order
- Scratch and tear-resistant
- May need full replacements with enough damage
- May heat up the roof (and therefore your RV)
- May not be the most attractive roof
Rubber TPO is a type of polymerized rubber that is stretched out into a single ply and installed on your RV’s roof. Keep in mind the two different types: polypropylene and ethylene-propylene.
You can get several unique benefits by using TPO over EPDM, especially considering its ease of installation. Even if the materials cost more up-front, the installation labor costs may be much lower.
Plus, TPO roofs have a cloth-like feel and are generally more attractive than EPDM. However, keep in mind that it’s not a perfect solution; this roofing is susceptible to cracking and splitting.
- White roofing doesn’t absorb too much heat
- Enjoy chemically-imbued durability elements
- Can be electrically welded to rooftop structures
- Prone to cracking during temperature extremes
- Folded TPO material may leave visible creases
- No consistent quality control (which means you need to read reviews to find the right provider)
Contrary to popular belief, an RV roof replacement doesn’t guarantee long-term security. You also need to seal the top of your roof to prevent wind, rain, and temperature shifts from affecting your hard-won investment.
Thankfully, the RV Masters of Kenner, LA can help with FlexArmor roof repair and replacement. Not only does this provide you with the most advanced RV roof on the market, but it also comes with a lifetime guarantee so you never have to worry about seepage or leaks again.
Here’s how it works:
- First, RV Masters can evaluate your roof and provide a comprehensive service estimate. This may also include prep work or general repairs for existing RV damage.
- Next, we spray FlexArmor on your roof, which dries in six seconds and provides more than 600% elongation.
- Finally, we issue your FlexArmor warranty and get you back on the road for your next big adventure.
You can schedule a service with RV Masters by submitting a contact form.
- Transferable lifetime warranty
- 3500 psi tear strength
- 100% seamless finish
- Only available from select RV roofing providers (like us at RV Masters in Kenner, LA)
Seal It All With FlexArmor Roof Repair From RV Masters
Several options are available for repairing your RV roof, but only one offers rapid application, long-lasting convenience, and a lifetime warranty. FlexArmor RV roof repair and replacement is the best way to maximize your protection while minimizing maintenance needs over the life of your RV.
You can schedule your RV’s FlexArmor roof repair by contacting RV Masters in Kenner, LA. Once you let us know what services you need, we can book a time to complete your request. Just give us a call at (504) 466-3431 or visit our FlexArmor installation location at 2504 Lexington Street, Kenner, LA 70062.